for December 24, 2003
Click here or scroll down
for today's rant...
[Inscrutable Links: John Peel Says "Hi". FM106.3 Staff List. FM106.3's 1988 playlist.]
You Don't Like Nuts?
by Your Diva, Robin Pastorio-Newman
Just a word before we dash off on the four winds. Please:
- Call the cab. If you get tanked, Santa's going to take your driver's license, cost you a pile of money and possibly all the guilt you can eat when someone gets hurt. Keep a 20 in your pocket and swallow your pride.
- Visit the sick. It's a mitzvah, so take some soup and sit for a while. Spread some cheer to people who really need it and make your mother proud.
- The thought counts. Your Aunt Edna crocheted you another polyester vest in day-glo colors. Smile when you say, "I believe this completes my collection."
- Donate some blood. The Red Cross doesn't ask for much, and when you need it, they'll find blood for you. Suck it up and give them some of yours at the time of year when our nation's blood supply needs it most. Donate all you want; you'll make more.
- Give to the poor. Every major religion says this. Can EVERYONE be wrong? Food banks are in trouble and children don't have toys. You want to go to Heaven? Quietly help someone who needs it and shush with the "I want a receipt."
Your Darling, Your Diva, Your One True Love recognizes that 2003 was a tough year for many people. Good riddance! Don't look back! Sit up straight! You need a haircut!
Merry, happy and fabulous holidays full of joyous surprises to you. Have a cookie.
©2003 Robin Pastorio-Newman
All material ©2001-2014 Sean Carolan, except as noted.
Today's NY/NJ Shows That Matter
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
The Black Keys and Modest Mouse at Barclays Center, Bklyn
Renaissance at Count Basie Center For The Arts
Haley Reinhart at Mercury Lounge
Noah Gundersen at Underground Arts, Philly
Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls and Kayleigh Goldsworthy at Town Hall
Bishop Briggs at Webster Hall
Augustana at Mercury Lounge
Reese McHenry Band, The Milwaukees and Basic B-itches at FM Bar, Jersey City
More NY/NJ Shows That Matter
ALTROK recommends music once a week; here's our most recent choices. Most links will take you to a place where you can buy the music; if there's no link, and you own a record company, consider releasing it yourself...
A Place To Bury Strangers - It Is Nothing
The Boxer Rebellion - Semi-Automatic
The Cribs - Cheat On Me
Datarock - True Stories
Everything Everything - Photoshop Handsome
HEALTH - Die Slow
Miles Hunt and Erica Nockalls - Catching More Than We Miss
Julian Plenti - Games For Days
Los Campesinos - The Sea Is A Good Place To Think Of The Future (Free download!)
Miike Snow - Black & Blue
Viral Guerilla Marketing Tools
ALTROK talks about music, but that job isn't done 'til you make it your own...
ALTROK is a member of the Amazon.com Associates Program.
Click here to buy there, and help support ALTROK in the process.
You've read the rants, you've listened to the streams...
...now click on the t-shirt to pick up the swag!